Top 8 Snacks for Losing Weight
1. NutsWhether you eat raw or dry-roasted almonds, walnuts, or pistachios, "their mix of omega-3 fatty acids.
2. Cheesy PopcornWith just 115 calories, 3 grams of fiber, and 5 grams of protein, a tablespoon of parmesan cheese on three cups of air-popped popcorn is a great snack.
3. Hummus CruditéFor a full 75-calorie snack to eat after work to stop hunger pangs before dinner, mix 16 baby carrots with 1 tablespoon of hummus.
Hummus CruditéYou could also add a sliced raw bell pepper for 200% of your daily vitamin C, or try cucumbers, celery, or just about anything else you can think of.
4. Dried FigsCynthia Sass, RD, told MensHealth.com that dried figs are a good choice for a fiber-rich, slow-burning fruit snack to get you through a workout.
Dried FigsOne ounce of dried figs has only 70 calories and 3 grams of fiber. They are also full of potassium, a mineral that helps repair muscles.
5. Avocado ShakeThis 169-calorie milkshake from Skinny Chef Jennifer Iserloh can replace your regular Ben & Jerry's fix.
Avocado ShakeCocoa powder will satisfy your sweet tooth, and avocado will fill you up with healthy fats and a hint of fruity taste.
6. Berries and MilkThese fruits are a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth without eating candy or cookies.
Berries and MilkYour pick of one cup of berries and one glass of fat-free milk will give you protein, calcium, and vitamin D.
7. Sweet Cottage CheeseDieters swear by this high-protein food for a reason.
8. Egg SaladThis updated version of egg salad from Fitnessmagazine.com is a food with a little bit of protein and fat.