Fitness Mistakes To Avoid After 40
1. Lifting weights with poor formThis is a big fitness mistake no matter how old you are.
Lifting weights with poor formWe suggest that you ask experienced trainers at your gym to give you regular refresher courses on how to work out safely.
2. Not protecting the spineAs we age, our spines become less flexible, so movements that were easy when we were younger may become harder and harder to do.
Not protecting the spineFor example, crunches become less safe as you get older and put more stress on your neck and back, which can lead to major problems in the long run.
3. Not changing your sneakersHow long have you had those shoes? If you work out often and you've had them for more than 6 months, it's probably time to get a new pair.
Not changing your sneakersAs we get older, our joints are more likely to get hurt from falls, so protect yourself and keep your toes in great shape.
4. Skipping the warm upWhen you're ready to work out and want to get started, stopping to stretch and warm up first can be a real drag.
Skipping the warm upBut if you skip this important step, you could hurt yourself in the future.
5. Bikram YogaRegular yoga practice is a great way to keep your flexibility and strength as you age, but Bikram yoga, which is done in very hot temperatures.
Bikram YogaNot only does the heat make it more likely that you will overstretch your muscles, but it also makes it more likely that you will become dehydrated.
6. Long-distance runningLong-distance running isn't a good idea as you get older, which die-hard runners may not like to hear.
Like & Share.