7 Nourishing Foods That Promote Longevity
1. NutsYou'll want to eat a handful of nuts more often, whether they are almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, or a crunchy mix of all of them.
NUTSPeople who ate nuts had a 39% lower chance of dying than those who didn't.
2. TurmericTurmeric contains curcumin, which is a bioactive substance with strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities.
TURMERICThat turmeric is a common ingredient in Indian dishes like dal, sambar, and rasam.
3. Extra-Virgin Olive OilOlive oil is an important part of the Mediterranean diet for a good reason. It is high in healthy fats and has a lot of antioxidants.
EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OILIn particular, people who ate olive oil had a 29% lower risk of dying from neurodegenerative diseases .
4. Green TeaIf you need a little pick-me-up in the afternoon, make a pot of green tea.
GREEN TEAGreen tea has a lot of quercetin, which is a plant flavonoid with anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and antioxidant properties
5. OnionsYou can caramelize them with extra-virgin olive oil and add them to an egg, or you can slice them and add them to a heavy salad to give it more crunch.
6. Whole GrainsIf you don't like bread much, you can eat other whole grains that are high in nutrients, like wild rice, oatmeal, farro, and low-sugar whole-grain cereal.
7. BerriesBerries are full of flavonoids, which are a type of vitamin that has been linked to living longer.
Like & Share.